CAC embodies a spirit of mutual trust and intellectual honesty that is central to the very nature of learning, and represents the highest possible expression of shared values among the members of the school community. The values underlying and reflected in the CAC Honor Code are:
- Academic honesty - demonstrated by students when the ideas and the writing of others are
properly cited; students submit their own work for tests and assignments without unauthorized
assistance; students do not provide unauthorized assistance to others; and students report their
research or accomplishments accurately;
- Respect - for others and the learning process to demonstrate academic honesty;
- Trust - in others to act with academic honesty as a positive communitybuilding force in the school;Responsibility - is recognized by all to demonstrate their best effort to prepare and complete
- Fairness and Equity - demonstrated so that every student can experience an academic
environment that is free from the injustices caused by any form of intellectual dishonesty;
- Integrity - of all members of the school community as demonstrated by a commitment to academic
honesty and support of our quest for authentic learning.
These principles serve as the foundation for a lifetime code of ethics. By collaboratively encouraging an
atmosphere of honesty and hard work, students, faculty and administration serve the student body of CAC
by making it a better place to learn.