Through WWW, students become engaged in experiential learning by partaking in service, action, or investigation. Experiential learning is one of the essential components of developing what educators refer to as the "whole child," and it is one of the major building blocks in helping each CAC student to reach his or her potential. In learning through participating in hands-on projects and to work as members of a group to achieve major goals students internalize learning and develop a stronger sense of responsibility, perseverance, passion, and creativity.
Students are often deeply impacted by these kinds of experiences, fondly remembering them long after their days at CAC are over. These experiences help to define CAC students and may guide them toward future ideals and decisions that will shape their world in ways that we may never be quite to measure through tests and exams.
DATES & DEADLINES Open or Close
- March 19: Students will be introduced to the trip offerings and registration process during the High School assembly.
- Students and parents will be able to see the WWW website with details about each WWW experience.
- Parents will receive an email with a link to the Electronic WWW Trip Preference form.
- We will hold an optional information session for parents and students from 7:00-8:00 pm in room MS 115.
- March 26, 8:00 am: The Electronic WWW Trip Preference Form is due. (Forms turned in after this time will receive the lowest priority for trip selections.)
- March 28: Trip lists finalized and announced to students; Trip Verification forms will be emailed to students. Students should print the forms to be signed by both students and parents. Students may also request a hard copy in the HS Office.
- March 29: Trip Verification Forms signed by students and parents are due in the High School Office. (Students turning in forms after this date risk losing their place on their preferred trips, though the student will be informed if the place is lost.)
- May 10: First payment (50%) is due. (Students paying after this date risk losing their place on their preferred trips, though the student will be informed if the place is lost.)
- August 27: Final payment due.
SELECTION PROCESS Open or Close
This year, in an effort to reduce the amount of paper and increase the efficiency and reliability of the trip selection process, parents will be filling out the WWW Trip Preference Form electronically. Parents will receive an email with a link to the form and instructions. Parents must access the link through this email, and this will be the only way to register for WWW.
A random number generator is used to place students in their highest priority WWW selection based on availability. Please remember that most WWW experiences are made up of students from all grade levels, and only 3-6 spaces may be available per each grade level. Late submissions will forfeit their place in the random selection process and will be considered last.
In Cairo Trips
Out of Cairo Trips