PRIME trips are an integral and mandatory part of the Middle School program. This off-campus activities-based program offers students the opportunity to extend the curriculum beyond the classroom walls in exciting ways in a new environment. They are also able to develop new friendships, try new experiences, and build self-confidence.
Each PRIME Trip provides an opportunity to fulfill a variety of the goals listed below, although each program does not necessarily cover all the objectives.
- Extend and apply school curriculum work in an authentic and exciting environment.
- Improve physical and mental health through development of interest in recreation as a non-competitive and individually fulfilling activity.
- Develop skills of co-operative living, leadership, social responsibility and acceptance.
- Develop a sense of personal involvement and fulfillment and be part of a community working together to learn new skills and sharing a common experience.
- Deepen relationships between students and their peers, and students and faculty, as they work together in a situation that is new, challenging, and exciting for all.
- Express and extend their individual talents and abilities and have these recognized in a less traditional non-classroom environment.
- Develop a fuller understanding and appreciation of the natural environment; become comfortable in “living with nature”; develop positive attitudes and approaches for preserving and conserving natural environments.
- Develop the attitudes and skills associated with self-reliance, especially for those students in an outdoor situation; develop self-confidence and self-esteem through activities that are either new to them or that they have the opportunity to develop and improve.
- Develop an understanding of their own capabilities and limitations as well as sensitivity to the capabilities and limitations of others, through a variety of experiences, especially whilst exploring the outdoors.
Middle School Principal
Cairo American College
“Release your Brilliance”