ID Card and Facility Use, Fees and Regulations
In order for Cairo American College to ensure the security of the campus, and to limit congestion in the use of facilities, it is necessary that every person using the campus have a valid ID card. All adults must use their CAC ID card in order to access the campus through the security turnstiles. Community Hours are from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. and from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on weekdays as well as all day on Friday, Saturday and holidays. The use of the campus between 3:15 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on weekdays is restricted to CAC organized or sanctioned events or activities.
Students in grades 6–12 must use their valid CAC ID card when accessing the campus on weekends and between 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. Elementary school students may only access campus during community hours if they are in the company of an adult. Parents or a responsible adult must provide direct supervision of their elementary age (or younger) children while on campus. CAC does not provide supervision during community hours unless students are participating in a CAC sponsored/chaperoned activity/event.
The information below summarizes who is eligible for ID cards, the privileges extended to holders of various cards and the process to obtain a valid ID card. Cairo American College reserves the right to refuse or revoke an ID card.
Affiliate ID Cards are provided to:
• Students, their parents and siblings
• Administrators and their dependants
• Board members (current and former) and their dependants
• Current Faculty and their dependants
• Current Support Staff and their dependants
• Faculty and Support Staff who leave CAC and were employed by CAC for five years or more and their dependants
• Alumni and their parents
• Former Students (students who attended CAC for two or more years) and their parents
• Provide holders with free use of all school facilities, including weight room and pool.
• May be replaced (if lost) for a fee of $25 or the local equivalent.
Non-Affiliate ID Cards are available, for a fee, to:
• Spouses and children of alumni (graduates of CAC)
• Spouses and children of former CAC students (who attended CAC for two or more years)
• Members of U.S. military forces assigned to the U.S. Embassy
• Employees of organizations who have sponsored children attending CAC. One Non-Affiliate card will be available for every two students the organization sponsors at CAC. Organizations eligible for Non-Affiliate cards must annually identify, in writing, those individuals who are eligible to acquire cards.
In exceptional cases, the Superintendent may issue Non-Affiliate cards to others.
• Provide free use of the library. Please check community hours on the CAC website for Library hours for non-affiliate ID holders.
• Provide access to the pool (for schedule please check CAC website www.cacegypt.org under Co-curricular Programs) and weight room (from 6-10pm on school days and from 3-9pm on Saturdays)
• Are not permitted to bring guests on campus
• Will not be issued to nannies, drivers or any other employees of eligible individuals
• May be replaced (if lost) for a fee of $25 or the local equivalent
Non-Affiliate ID cards will be issued to eligible individuals upon payment of an annual fee of $500 (for the period of September 1–August 31 of any given year). The annual fee for alumni families is $100 per family member or $500 for the whole family. The fee is due upon application for membership.
General Service Staff and Bus Monitors ID Cards:
General Service Staff (security guards, custodians, technicians and drivers) will be issued ID cards for campus access purposes only. General Services ID Cardholders are not eligible to use school facilities (pool, weight room, gymnasium, library, etc.).
School Services Staff ID Cards:
School Services Staff (playground aides, bus monitors, car washers, etc.) will be issued ID cards for campus access purposes only. School Services Staff ID Cardholders are not eligible to use school facilities (pool, weight room, gymnasium, library, etc.).
Authorized Visitor ID Cards:
Will be issued by the Superintendent or the Superintendent’s delegate. Authorized visitor ID cards, approved by the Superintendent or the Superintendent’s delegate, will include a photograph and will be valid for a specified timeline.
Temporary Visitors ID Cards:
Handled at the security gate.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF CAC ID CARDHOLDERS
Campus Admittance & Guests:
• It is necessary for adults to use a valid ID card for admission to the campus and for CAC-sponsored events. The card contains an electronic chip that will activate the entry turnstiles. The chip will be deactivated and reactivated on an annual basis, depending on continued CAC enrollment, payment of relevant fees, and/or status of the cardholder.
• Students in grades 6–12 must use their valid CAC ID card when accessing the campus. Failure to present an ID card will require the student to sign in during regular school days and prevent entry on weekends and between 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. Elementary school students may only access campus during community hours if they are in the company of an adult.
• The CAC campus is exclusively for school use from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Sunday through Thursday with the exception of the library, which is open to eligible community members from 3:00 p.m. until closing. (Note: A parent must accompany elementary school students to the library.)
• ID cardholders who are not students or employees are welcome on campus on weekends and school holidays from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and on school days from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• CAC Affiliate ID cardholders are entitled to bring guests on campus, provided they have received prior approval from a ranking administrator. Guests are generally considered to be visitors from out of Egypt and guest privileges are not intended for Cairo residents. Guests must be signed in at the security gate by their host. Note: Nannies, drivers, private coaches and other employees of CAC ID cardholders may not be signed in as guests.
• Cardholders are to accompany their guests at all times on campus and will be held responsible for the behavior of their guests on campus.
• Holders of non-affiliate ID cards and authorized visitor ID cards are not allowed to bring guests on campus.
• Visitors are limited to CAC fields, pool, library, and athletic facilities and are not permitted to enter other CAC facilities or buildings. Guests and authorized visitors may not check out library materials.
Campus Rules & Regulations:
• CAC is not liable for any non-school sponsored/organized activities.
• Smoking is not permitted on campus.
• Users of the track must wear sneakers.
• Strollers are not allowed on the track or fields, as they can damage the surfaces. (Note: Baby jogging strollers specifically designed for this use are allowed.)
• Pets are not permitted on campus.
• Bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles, skateboards, scooters, roller skates, and roller blades may not be used on campus. Bicycles must be dismounted outside any gate and pushed to their parking place.
• Weapons or objects used to threaten or intimidate are not permitted. Kindly note that this prohibition extends to toy guns and water guns.
• Inappropriate behaviors of any kind will not be tolerated. These include, but are not limited to: physical aggression or violent play that could result in injury, bullying or threatening, disrespectful words or actions, being under the influence of any illicit substance and the use of foul language.
• The possession, use, sale, or distribution of illegal drugs, legal drugs used in an abusive manner, drug paraphernalia or alcohol on the CAC campus is prohibited.
Please contact the CAC ID Office (ext. 5507/08) for further information regarding available facilities, usage fees, limitations, ID policies and regulations.