The following is information regarding CAC campus access guidelines. The purposes of our campus access guidelines are to:
1) Allow CAC students and families to use campus facilities safely and securely;
2) Keep our facilities safe and well-maintained, i.e., sustainability;
3) Limit use by non-CAC community members (50% of any group must be CAC);
4) Insure non-CAC users pay a reasonable fee for use and;
5) Limit liability and exposure by complying with Egyptian Labor and Tax Law
CAC has a uniquely open campus, and we want to continue to be a community resource while being safe and secure. We aim to maintain our warm approach to students and parents.
CAC Campus Use by Parents and ID Holders
The CAC campus is open for CAC ID holders to use from 5:00am to 7:00am and from 5:30pm to 10:00pm each weekday as well as from 5:00am to 10:00pm on weekends and holidays. We believe our position in the community at large is important, that we have a unique opportunity to host events and programs on our campus that are not part of CAC, but that provide a benefit to our students, faculty or staff. In so doing, and in compliance with our Campus Access Policy, we may also open our doors to non-CAC ID holders and make our facilities available to the community at large.
• The campus is first and foremost a venue for CAC students, faculty, staff, alumni, board members, and their respective families.
• The security of our campus and facilities and the well being of our students, families and employees will not be compromised in any way, at any time.
• All community programs will be sustainable and this may necessitate proactively limiting access to facilities and/or implementing a usage fee in order to offset the cost of operations. All community program offerings are subject to the approval of the Superintendent, in consultation with the Activities and Athletics Director and other administrators as seen necessary.
• Instructors or coaches must be adults with the appropriate qualifications for the offering they provide.
• For any event or activity, at least 50% of the participants should be CAC ID holders. Non-CAC ID holders will be charged a fee, to be determined prior to the time of registration. Fees are established in consultation with the Activities & Athletics Director and the Business Manager.
Use of ID Cards:
CAC community members are required to use their ID cards to enter and exit campus at all times. We ask that you cooperate with this important security measure--it is designed to keep students safe. Please be sure to get an card at the ID office if you have not already done so. Lost ID cards must be replaced at cost. It is imperative that students use their ID cards so that we can track their location in case of emergency.
- Please call the ID Office (2755 5507 or 2755 5508) to make an appointment to pick up your new card or, if you are on campus, stop by the ID Office on the ground floor of the Admin Building (Welcome Center).
Drop Off at Front Gate - Please ask your driver to pull forward as far as possible to assist in traffic management (cones are out each morning marking the drop-off zone)
- Your driver will not be permitted to 'double park' and wait for you. We cannot allow drivers to block the traffic on the street. Your driver will need to drive away from the front gate, off the street, and be summoned by mobile phone to come back and pick you up when you are ready to leave. Please be considerate of all others who must use the road at the very congested drop of and pick up times. - Have student bags and other items ready when exiting vehicles so that stoppage time is kept to a minimum. - As always, watch for students (and adults) crossing the road!
Thank you all in advance for your continued cooperation. Please do not hesitate to contact our Head of Security if you have questions or concerns.